5 December 2012 – the novel is finally published!on December 5, 2012 at 23:15
Today I finally came up with a good description page for the book. That along with finishing all the editing I had lined had me standing at the point where I could publish my work, at long last. I believe it still takes Amazon a couple of days to make the book appear on their page, but this will be the official publication date. The fifth of December 2012 has a nice ring to it, wouldn’t you agree? Me picking this particular date will probably upset some people out there, but so would probably any other date as well.Wonder just for what reasons people might find this particular date offensive? Let’s have a look at what’s taken place during this very day in history.
- 5 December 1492 – Christopher Columbus becomes the first European to set foot on Haiti. Surely it would have been better if those savages living there had never encountered us Europeans.
- 5 December 1902 – Strom Thurmond, staunch opponent of civil-rights legislation, is born. More info
- 5 December 1955 – Rosa Parks is found guilty of having refused to obey her bus driver’s instructions and is sentenced to a fine. More info
- 5 December 1988 – The “5 minutes to 12” (5 i 12) movement holds its first public manifestation in Sweden, aiming to combat alleged xenophobia. The year after, one 17-year-old girl and her best friend, both participating in this movement, are brutally murdered by an African refugee they had attempted to make feel welcome to Sweden by taking him in as their friend. The girl’s father, Stig Wallin, responds by taking charge of this movement and continuing the fight until his death in 2009, staging a similar manifestation every year since then. Their website
- 5 December 2004 – Civil partnerships for homosexuals are introduced in the UK. More info
- 5 December 2012 – An Alabama Story is published!
Earlier today I also set up Facebook links (both publishing to a fan page and enabling comments from accounts there). Enough work for one day, but tomorrow I’ll get to work putting up the book description on the front page here and hopefully be able to add purchase links on Amazon as well.